To help maintain the appearance and prolong the life of your leather and suede we recommend the following:
- We recommend to regularly clean and care for your leather goods with polishes and creams, prior to cleaning ensure the item is dry and remove any dirt with a cloth.
- The leather will soften and stretch with wear, we recommend you protect the leather sole and upper with leather cream on a regular basis.
- To prevent the leather front sole from wearing out it is a great idea to have a rubber half sole put on at your local shoe repairer.
- When the rubber heel starts to wear down, replace at a shoe repairer before wears into the leather or timber heel.
- Let wet shoes dry naturally never use artificial heat. Use a shoe tree of stuff with newspaper to maintain shape while drying.
- Avoid wearing your new shoes in the rain until they have been worn at least 3-4 times, this gives the leather soles time to compact and harden, if in any instance they become wet allow to dry fully before wearing again.
- Regular use of a protector spray will help to guard against staining and water prevention.
- Don't wear the same shoes two days in a row. Rest and air your shoes regularly to prolong the life of your shoes. Let shoes dry naturally from perspiration to lengthen the life of the lining. It is also good to adjust heel heights to avoid strains and pressure points developing.
All REVIE products are 100% handcrafted and discrepancy in stitching is inherent in the nature of manufacturing handcrafted goods.
Always remember leather is a natural product and grains and tonal quality can vary from hide to hide, care for your leather goods and you will have them for life.